Have you picked out your word for the year?
The new year is coming quickly, and having a designated word or phrase can be so helpful – like having a North Star on next year’s journey.
Here are some of my past “words for the year”:
2018 – Create (a reminder to create content because I am a teacher at heart)
2019 – Allow (to help me remember to loosen my grip on things)
For 2020, my word for the year is “Loud.”
I chose Loud because I want to remember the following:
- Societally, women are expected to be quiet. However, it’s time to shed these societal expectations and raise our voices, individually and collectively.
- In my marketing, it’s time to make Meaningful Noise™ – to turn up the volume on my marketing activities and get my message out there.
- My ideal clients can’t find me unless I get loud!
- I can change the world if I get louder.
I chose “loud” after writing my 2020 marketing plan. As I thought about the impact I want to make, I envisioned a big volume dial turning to the right, as if my message must be broadcasted very loudly. I took this vision as a sign from The Universe, and I chose “loud” to remind me to step out in a bigger way.
Picking your word for the year
If you haven’t chosen your word for the year, here are some tips to help you get started:
- Look at what you’re hoping to accomplish in 2020. What word will help remind you of your goals?
- Think about your purpose. Why are you in business? What impact do you want to make? Often a word bubbles up from thinking about your purpose.
- Your word could be a noun, verb, adjective – or even a phrase! Set a timer for 60 seconds and journal all words that come to your mind. Look back at your brainstorm and pick one out.
- You can’t get it wrong. This isn’t a “you’ve got one shot” exercise. Please don’t put any pressure on yourself. Your word will come!
I would love to hear your word of the year (for this year and next). In the comments below, let me know what word you’ve selected. I can’t wait to hear what word you chose!
Want more inspiration?
Imagine getting a little inspirational note every day – one that’s catered to you as a spiritual, change-making female entrepreneur…
Just a little boost – a little motivation – a little note that reminds you of your power and awesomeness.
That’s the idea behind “Celestial Love Notes” – a daily inspirational note from me, delivered right to your inbox!
I would be honored to send you my Celestial Love Notes – sign up here: www.CelestialLoveNotes.com
Let’s face it: We need more love, joy, and promise in this world. I am proud that my Celestial Love Notes can play a small part in this mission.
Hi, I’m Jill Celeste. I teach purpose-driven entrepreneurs (just like you) everything you need to know about marketing so you can become the Director of Marketing for your business.
Because when you put your Director of Marketing hat squarely on your head, marketing is your number one priority (which will result in more clients!).
When I am not teaching about marketing, you’ll find me hanging out with my husband or my sons, loving up my two cats, chasing my puppy Trixie, or feeding the backyard ducks (much to my neighbor’s chagrin). I am an avid reader of literary fiction and personal development books. And I like to talk to my sweet basset hound, Emma, who left this earthly plane on October 17, 2019.